Saturday, February 25th, 2017
How to make them look more spaciousness
Here are simple advices from interior designers:
1. Whiten the ceilings and the walls to brighten the small space, use white marble in the bathroom.
White walls and stripped-back wooden floors gave the illusion of spaciousness. Adding textures velvet sofas, rugs will also add a character to the room.
2. Consider custom-made furniture to fit in the corners, building seating nooks in the corners or window bays.
Top off with the custom upholstery, linen, leather or velvet for glamour look, or Scandinavian simplicity.
4. Keep the furniture simple to not overwhelm the space. But also create a sense of luxury by combining old and new furniture.
5. When thinking about bookcases, purchase something that is high and will reach the ceilings.
White cabinetry, handleless and gloss in the kitchen reflects light and creates a feeling of spaciousness.
Floor to wall separate wardrobe will also help the space be more uncluttered and more restless.
6. If posiible, build loft extensions for living space or large bathroom.
7. Removing the doors can make the rooom instantly more open and capacious, but sometimes not very practical. Consider instead glass doors or door frames, which will give your space an open-plan feel without losing the ability to shut the areas off.
images via issue.com